Join us as we celebrate urban leadership in Canada
Monday, November 21, 2016
5:30 PM - 8:30 PM
The Great Hall
1087 Queen Street West, Toronto | MAP
We invite you to join us for the 13th Annual Urban Leadership Awards: Urban Foundations. Let us pause and cast a spotlight on the individuals, projects and organizations making a profound impact on the quality of life in Canada's urban regions. Past Urban Champions have included Sheldon Levy, Anne Golden, David Pecaut, Gail Sheryl Asper, Moses Znaimer, John Tory, Phyllis Lambert and Jack Diamond.
This year's event will be taking place on November 21, 2016 at The Great Hall. Recently reopened after an intensive revitalization, The Great Hall is a fitting backdrop to recognize this year's Urban Champions and gather past Urban Leadership Award recipients, whose work helped establish the foundation of urban excellence in Canada.
In addition to recognizing the 2016 recipients, guests will have the opportunity to explore 21st century urbanism and the relationships we share with our city through dialogue with CUI's Urban Champions. Following award presentation, award recipients will participate in moderated panels designed to explore new ideas that will inspire the urban agenda for the years ahead.
The awards recognize recipients in the following categories:
- Jane Jacobs Lifetime Achievement Award Indvidual whose vision and passion for cities has had a profound impact on several aspects of urban health over many years.
- David Crombie Award Individual engaging community, government and private sector partners to help regenerate and enhance the public realm in the Greater Golden Horsehoe.
- City Builder Award Leader whose bold vision and ability to implement change represents true city building.
- NextGen Award Emerging leader(s) whose work is helping to develop a healthy urban community.
- Urban Vitality Award A project or program that demonstrates excellence in creativity, relationship to context and community spirit.
About the Urban Leadership Awards
The Urban Leadership Awards raise funds to support the CUI's internship programs. Since 1990, we have offered hands-on learning experiences to hundreds of students and recent graduates from across Canada. In addition to supporting the next generation of city builders, you are recognizing individuals and programs dedicated to the development of healthy urban communities.
150+ Senior decision-makers from civil society as well as the Municipal, Provincial and Private sectors, Media, Academic and Institutional leaders.
Thank you to our Sponsors
Sponsorship opportunities are still available. For details, please contact Robyn at email@example.com.