This +PLACE MAKERS event sponsored by Aird & Berlis LLP, is the 18th Annual Meeting with Toronto's Chief Planner. Hosted in collaboration with NRU Publishing, this event will take place at the new FORT YORK VISITOR CENTRE.
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2014 | 8:30 AM 10:30 AM
FORT YORK VISITOR CENTRE
250 Fort York Boulevard Toronto, ON M5V 3K9
TTC Accessible - 511 Bathurst Station Bus, Fleet Street Stop
Paid Parking also available
Following Jennifer Keesmaat’s keynote presentation, Jane Pepino will moderate a discussion about the role and impact of neighbourhoods on city building. Our panelists will help developers, consultants, urban policy makers and community stakeholders understand:
- Who defines neighbourhood?
- How developers and community stakeholders can work more collaboratively.
- What is the impact of affordability on our sense of place?
- The importance of neighbourhoods outside the core.
- How do we connect: physically, socially and practically?
Following the session, attendees will be invited to tour the Fort York Visitor Centre.
- Stephen Diamond President & CEO, Diamond Corp
- Josh Fullan Founder, Maximum City
- Jennifer Keesmaat Chief Planner, City of Toronto
- Elizabeth Renzetti Columnist & Feature Writer, The Globe and Mail
Closing Remarks: Ian Graham NRU Publishing