Key to playing the intensification game?
Friday, May 8, 2015 Purchase Tickets
Registration: 8AM - Opening Remarks 8:30AM
Innis College, University of Toronto
Innis Town Hall | MAP
Join us May 8th at the newly renovated Town Hall at Innis College for this seminar that will look at what’s required to help ensure the success of mid-rise developments.
This discussion will explore the impact of recent changes to the Ontario Building Code (wood frame mid-rise buildings) and the introduction of a new cast of characters into the intensification game.
Owners, developers, architects and planners are invited to attend this session, that will examine:
- Better Process: Can pre-zoning/pre-designation smooth out kinks in the planning and development process?
- More Choice: Are there opportunities to expand the reach of intensification by promoting wood frame construction?
- New Players Engaged: Will wood frame attract a new breed of city builders into the field?
- Improved Communications: Will creating a mid-rise database, with successful mid-rise precedents, help to dispel myths about intensification?
- Bryan Tuckey, President & CEO, Building Industry and Land Development Association
- Jessica Hawes, Senior Associate, Brook McIlroy Ltd.
- Glenn Miller, Director, Canadian Urban Institute
- Richard Lyall, President, Residential Construction Council of Ontario
- Roland Rom Colthoff, Director, RAW Design Architectural Studio